On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 08:43:14AM -0400, David Hobby wrote:

>       Oh.  Good to know.  Just to clarify, that's around 10,000
> Angstroms, and "above" means "of longer wavelength"?

Yes. The tinting is usually done with a semiconducting material, so
light with wavelength longer than the bandgap wavelength will pass. You
can also tint by partially "silvering" the glass, but this introduces
reflections which may be distracting.

>       So you think that would be the method?  Just pick a wavelength
> where glasses/contacts are probably transparent, and work there.

No idea. Like you, I wonder about resolution. It seems it would take
some really good (expensive) optics to get adequate resolution from a
distance.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/