Deborah Harrell wrote:

--- Sonja van Baardwijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The Fool wrote:

From: Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I got a 'spyware detected' pop-up today, but as I
reflexively close them immediately, I don't know
who/what it was. A dogpile search for
'countermeasures' lists quite a few sites; this

one is free to download. Anybody have an opinion or

advice?

Use Ad-Aware And/Or Spybots Search and Destroy. Disable The 'Messenger' service in control panel.

And having zone alarm is nice too (except for the
fact that it takes a little longer to fully boot your machine that is).
It prevents your pooter from going places you don't want it to go and
vice versa.

Sonja :o)
GCU: Software on a leash

Thanks. Gotta keep those CPU's where they belong! :)
Hmmm...If I had a corrupted mind, I might find the
GCU...suggestive. ;}

A dirty mind is a joy forever..... or so I've been told. ;o)

Debbi
Unleash The Light Maru

Sonja ;o)
GCU: light saber on the loose