At 02:28 PM 10/25/03 +0200, Sonja van Baardwijk wrote:
The Fool wrote:

From: Deborah Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I got a 'spyware detected' pop-up today, but as I
reflexively close them immediately, I don't know
who/what it was.  A dogpile search for
'countermeasures' lists quite a few sites; this one is
free to download.  Anybody have an opinion or advice?

Use Ad-Aware And/Or Spybots Search and Destroy. Disable The 'Messenger' service in control panel.

And having zone alarm is nice too (except for the fact that it takes a little longer to fully boot your machine that is). It prevents your pooter from going places you don't want it to go and vice versa.

"Pooter" must not have the same implications in Europe as it does here . . .

Musical Fruit Maru

-- Ronn! :)