Alberto Monteiro wrote:

> David Hobby wrote:
> >
> >       Comparing starships from different universes is difficult,
> > to say the least.
> >
> I think it's impossible. Take the most powerful ship, and it
> loses to Heinlein's Gay Deceiver, who can jump back to
> a time _before_ the construction of that other ship and blast
> its factory out of existence.
>
> Alberto Monteiro

        It depends what model of time travel you are using.
I like a multiple worlds interpretation, since there are no
paradoxes in it.
        Heinlein's ship goes back, destroys the other ship's
factory, and goes forward again.  Now it is on a line without
the other ship.  But from the other ship's point of view,
Heinlein's ship goes back and never returns (i.e. disappears).
        That sounds like a draw, at best.

                                ---David

Why exactly SHOULD the entire line with the other ship in it
disappear when Heinlein's ship mucks around in its past?