----- Original Message -----
From: "John D. Giorgis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrite

> At 01:45 PM 12/24/2003 -0800 Gautam Mukunda wrote:
> >--- Robert Seeberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >wrote:
> >> I think the point Tom is riffing on is that Rush has
> >> repeatedly
> >> claimed that there is no constitutional right to
> >> privacy.
> >> That would likely apply also to medical records.
> >>
> >> xponent
> >> Drift Maru
> >> rob
> >
> >Your medical records are private not because of the
> >Constitution, but because of doctor-patient
> >confidentiality, which is a matter of law.  There
> >isn't anything in the Constitution on that topic.
>
> Actually medical records are somewhat private under the Consitution, as
> they are protected by the Constitution from "unreasonable" search and
seizure.

What's a reasonable search of a person for whom there is credible evidence
of illegal involvement with narcotics?  If there is a law against going to
multiple physicians to get far more narcotics than any responsible
physician would prescribe, and there is probable cause to believe that a
drug addict has done this, then I don't see any a priori reason why this
type of search is unreasonable.

Now, I'm not opposed to Rush having his lawyers fight to keep the records
private.  That's his right as an American citizen.  But, this is not an
unprecedented invasion of privacy. If he were poor and black, dollars to
donuts, he'd be wearing orange for Christmas.

Dan M.

Dan M.