> Rather, I am referring to the fact that Roe vs. Wade is the _original_
> "right to privacy case" in the United States.    The US Supreme Court in
> that case,  did not find a right to abortion in that case - how could they?
> - but rather found that 'the penumbra of the Constitution' contains a right
> to privacy.

I believe the first "right to privacy" case was actually Griswold vs
Connecticut in the 1960s, which overturned that state's law against the use of
contraception.

Tom Beck

www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the
last." - Dr Jerry Pournelle