> Our corporate proxy is now blocking access to Dr. Brin's web
> site.. Below is the message.
> The Websense category "Cultural Institutions" is filtered.
> Nerd From Hell

It almost sounds like you work for the Federal Government! At the
facility I work at, they block things like Microsoft and other support
related sites that we need, and allow other things like American Idol
fan sites to slip through.  We finally had to resort to connecting to
our home computers via Remote Desktop to get to the support sites that
we need access to.

Just out of curiosity, is www.davidbrin.com being filtered because of
the links that are there or because of meta tag keywords? I looked at
the source of his page and didn't see any references to "cultural" that
might get blocked.

Gary