Dan Minette wrote:
>At that time, Wisconsin frats were filled with guys who joined
>because beer was part of the frat costs.

Like most stereotypes, the drunken frat boy has some basis in truth.  Our chapter was
no exception in that regard at times (including a night at McSorley's in NYC by yours
truly of which I have only vague recollections), but most of the rest of the excesses
you hear about weren't really an issue.

That is, hazing was minimal, nobody made you drink if you didn't want to, we weren't
all priveledged white boys (except for Hassan, whose father was the personal physician
to the king of Morocco or some such), that kind of thing.

Jim
We have a national charity we raise a lot of money for, too Maru