From: "Alberto Monteiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The program is as simple as possible, and all but the first
> triangle appear correctly. The first triangle, however, is invisible.
>
> Essentially, this is the OpenGL part of the program:
>
>   glLoadIdentity();
>
>   glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-15.0f);
>   glRotated(m_angulo, m_x, m_y, m_z);
>
>   glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); // Draw Triangles
>
>       glNormal3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);    // should be the yellow face, but
is
> invisible
>       glColor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>
>       glColor3f(0.5f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
>
>       glColor3f(0.0f, 0.5f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>
>       glColor3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.5f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>       glVertex3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>       glVertex3f(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
>
>     glEnd();
>     glLoadIdentity();                                               //
Reset

> The interesting thing is that, if I begin with the Red Face,
> then the Yellow Face becomes visible and the Red Face
> becomes invisible.
>
> Alberto Monteiro

I'm not familiar with OpenGL programming, but have used 3D programs and am
familiar with vector mathematics.  The only thing I can think of trying is
to try reversing the point order on the first triangle (which should "flip"
the normal vector) and see if that fixes the problem.

Michael Harney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]