>Travis Edmunds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Rob S wrote:

<much snippage>
> >What I would like to be able to convey to you is
> how it felt when
> >people all over the world heard these albums for
> the first time and
> >***everyone*** was hearing something never heard
> before. I don't
> >think......aw hell I know you cannot imagine the
> excitement these
> >albums generated. It was "mind expanding".
> >And you really had to be there to "get it".

> I don't think so. Long before I ever knew Robert
> Seeberger existed, I used
> to listen to old school tunes and picture what it
> would be like to hear them
> for the first time, way back when they were
> initially released. And I think
> I can appreciate what it was like.

<grin>  OK, gonna jump in on this concept -- what
you're calling "appreciate" is the equivalent of
"sympathize;"  whereas to have experienced something
is to "empathize."

I cannot quite understand my mother's awe and
astonishment at a plane going by overhead, as she did
when a young girl, all her neighbors young and old out
in the streets gawking at the sky -- but if I liken it
to my 9-year-old awe at the Moon landing, I come
close.  "Firsts" are by their very novelty and nature
unrepeatable and extraordinary, and to experience a
First with others increases the intensity.  IMO, of
course.  ;)

Debbi
And You Both Ought To Include Rush In Your Discussion!
Maru
"Then something left the ocean
And crawled high above the foam...
We still feel that elation!