----- Original Message -----
From: "William T Goodall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: This Is Spinal Ta-, er, Metallica

> On 23 Feb 2004, at 5:29 pm, Travis Edmunds wrote:
>

> >> From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>
> >> Got any Blue Cheer?
> No..
> >> Amboy Dukes?
>
> A couple of albums. Not as good as Ted Nugent solo.

True but seminal albums that helped put metal on its course

> >> MC5?
>
> Kick out the jams, mother******s!

Yuppers!

> >> I recommend them for people who like Metal.
> >
> > I honestly havent even heard of them.
>
> Amazing!

The world is new to the young.
<G>

> >> Of even more importance are:
> >> Deep Purple::::::Machine Head
>
> What about Deep Purple In Rock?

Another good one. Machine Head is important because of the deep and
lasting effect of Highway Star. Highway Star and Communication
Breakdown (Led Zep) are probably the two most important songs in the
history of Metal.

> > Good stuff. Blackmore is awesome.
> >

> >> Led Zep::::: both 1 and 2
> >
> > This is a Metallica parallel for me. Boy, do I ever recognize
their
> > importance! But they were never a band that I overly liked.
Besides,
> > the Golden God is annoying.
>
> Best band ever.

Of the 70s at least<G>

BTW, I want to thank you Brits for giving us so many great bands in
the 60s and the 70s. We love them and play their records all the time.
Honest!!!!

> >> Montrose:::::::Montrose (very very important album)
> >
> > Nope.
>
> I missed that.

Montrose should never be missed by any Metal fan.
It pushed many Americans into the Metal sphere.

> >> Hawkwind::::::::In Search Of Space
>
> I think 'In the Hall of the Mountain Grill' is their best album -
but
> 'Grill' is the most Lemmy influenced Hawkwind album and I like
> Motorhead. I've seen Motorhead live four or five times and Hawkwind
> once, and what was surprising was that Hawkwind were EVEN LOUDER
than
> Motorhead :) So that was three days of buzzing and crackling in both
> ears instead of just two...
>

> > Nope
> >
> >> Uriah Heep:::::::Demons And Wizards
> >
> > "He was the wizard of a thousand kings. And I chanced to meet him
one
> > night, wandering." Great band. I love 'em.
>
> Not my cup of tea.
>

> >> Blue Oyster Cult:::::::::Blue Oyster Cult
> >
> > Decent.
>
> Too darn clever.

The early albums before the cleverness set in are the ones I most
admire. I still listen to Tyranny And Mutation quite a bit.

> >> Or even UFO,
>
> OK
>
> >> The Runaways,
>
> Live in Japan is an awesome album! Ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
>

> >> Ten Years After, Robin Trower, Status Quo,
> >> heck theres plenty of others.
> >
> > Some are decent. But blah.
> >

> The modern video-promotion thing (MTV and all the imitators) favours
> the young and still living performer :)

xponent
Video Killed The Radio Star Maru
rob