From: "Alberto Monteiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Michael Harney wrote:
> >
> > Humans, by contrast, have only been around for about 200,000 years.
> >
> It depends on how you define "humans". If we consider the separation from
> the chimpanzee(s), it would be _much_ earlier, 1 to 7 million years ago.
>
> Alberto Monteiro

I was speeking of humans as a species (homo sapiens), just as I was talking
about bottlenose dolphins as a species (tursiops truncatus).  If you want to
go from when the family first formed and species branched off, then
delphinidae (the family which bottlenose dolphins belong to) started about
10 Million years ago.

Michael Harney
[EMAIL PROTECTED]