JDG said:

> At any rate, I find it has hardly been established that there somehow
> exists a universal "right" to marry a person of the same sex.

If we start from the premise that men and women should have equal
rights, then it's obvious, isn't it? After all, women have the right to
marry men, therefore men must have the right to marry men too. And
similarly, men have the right to marry women therefore women must also
have that right. Or do you think that men and women should not have
equal rights? (I suppose it could be argued that they should have equal
but not *identical* rights, but that seems a dodgy position to me,
because there doesn't seem to be any way to determine the equality of
non-identical rights, and such a system would clearly be open to abuse.)

Rich