From: Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Fascist Censorship spreading like Cancer thruout Gov't
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:36:47 -0800 (PST)

> What exactly makes an obscenity obscene? Aside from > something obscene being > labled an obscenity of course.

That's a good question and perhaps one worthy of
exploration. However, its also pretty academic IMHO.
Whether you think the F-bomb or other "obcenities" are
indeed unacceptable or not, I think the majority of
people in the US, FREX, would define those words as
obcene.

Damon.

I agree. But to be honest, I don't know too many people who don't swear. That being said, and with recognition of the fact that we all live in the real world, whether we think so or not, I think it's more accurate to say that obscenities are conditionally obscene. And to say otherwise, is to show that hypocrisy runs rampant more so than what one may think.

-Travis "a Newfoundlander who speaks true Newfounese" Edmunds.