----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Bases, was Re: Stirling engine queries

>     ... but can someone please count to 12 using the tips and top
>     knuckels of one hand, 'cause i only get 10.
>
> I count 12:
>
> Looking at my left hand, palm towards my eyes, with my fingers curled
> over, I see the four tips of my fingers and four of the knuckles
> closest to my finger tips and four more which are the knuckles second
> closest to my finger tips.
>
> I can either divide that 12 into either
>
>   * three sets of four:
>     tips, first set of knuckles, second set of knuckles,
>
>     each a set of four in three rows; or into
>
>   * four sets of three:
>     for each of four fingers, the tip, first, and second knuckle,
>
>     each finger having three obvious and visible places on it.
>
> --
>     Robert J. Chassell                         Rattlesnake Enterprises
>     http://www.rattlesnake.com                  GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
>     http://www.teak.cc                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ill repost as you have missed my count, and how we were to make the count
using your provided rules.

(> Also, if you look at the tips of your fingers and those knuckles
> closest to the tips, you will see 12 of them on one hand -- so it is
>
>     Robert J. Chassell                         Rattlesnake Enterprises
>     http://www.rattlesnake.com                  GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
>     http://www.teak.cc                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

yeh im probley stupid or forgot how to count...... but can someone please
count to 12 using the tips and top knuckels of one hand,  'cause i only get
10. I can see how one can do it, exclude teh thumb and the base knuckles,
use the tips and the top 2 knuckles of each finger, again rembering to
exclude the thumb. So as far as my "base 10" counting skills go, it is
impossible to get 12 using 5 fingers, and 2 points of refrence.

Nick "I cant count" Lidster)

as you can see you stipulated that you were to use the tips of your fingers,
and the closest knucle to the tip, not all of the knuckles minus the base
knuckle as I stated in my rebuttle.

I stand on the threshold of tommorow, atop the stairway of yesterday,
holding the key to today, staring through the door into the future.

-Nick Lidster

http://capelites.no-ip.com