Every State has the "right" to split into multiple States under Article IV,
Section III:
"New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new
states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other
state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or
parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states
concerned as well as of the Congress."
JDG

In the 80s there was a push for a north/south split of New Jersey. My home county wanted to split into east/west because the inappropriate amount of focus on the eastern end.

Maybe we can get phily to annex itself from the rest of PA, let that hellhole join del or NJ or just become it's own state.

Kevin T. - VRWC
We'll keep Pittsburgh...for now