Kevin Tarr wrote:

> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleyindependent/news/s_183239.html
>
> State lawmaker accused of drunken driving
>
> Friday, March 05, 2004
> By Ed Blazina, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
>
> State Rep. David Levdansky, D-Forward, is scheduled for a hearing next
> month on drunken driving and other charges as the result of an incident
> over the weekend in Rostraver.
>
> The criminal complaint stated Levdansky's blood-alcohol content registered
> at 0.16 percent. A person is considered legally drunk in Pennsylvania at 0.08.
>
> <snipped lawyer talk> "David stands by his vote of reducing the
> blood-alcohol content (in the state) to 0.08.

You left out the VERY NEXT PARAGRAPH where it says
that he's not trying to weaasel out of anything:

  "David's not going to stand for being treated any more
  or any less than any citizen would be treated in the
  courtroom. He's going to stand tall. He has no record.
  We'll stand tall and walk through this."

So he voted to make more restrictive laws,
so he got caught breaking those same laws.  He's
showing every sign of being a responsible adult,
not being hypocritical, and will face whatever
punishment is deemed appropriate after due process.

If only all politicians would be so honest.

-- Matt