Nick Arnett wrote:

Erik Reuter wrote:

Huh? Did you look at the headers? It would be a hell of a good forgery
if your contention is true. Besides, how did they get the Brin-L
subscription list? Is your email list server infected? Or did J do it?

"Good" forgery? All it has to do is forge a return address of somebody on the list and the message will get through. (Not that I really want everyone to know that.)

More to the point, it wasn't sent as an attachment (don't know how it got into the body), so it shouldn't infect anybody.

It's the MyDoom virus or variant -- I recognize the encoding characters. It claims to have originated at "btopenworld.com" -- I just grepped the entire archive and that's the only message with that string in it.

According to Norton the message had an attachment, which was deleted on reception of the e-mail (and backed up into the machines quarentine zone) to fix the bugged message. I won't dig up the specifics though. It's not worth the effort.

Sonja

GCU: Couldn't care less even if I tried