From: "Mike Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Killer Bs Discussion'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Winning the War on Terror
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:01:45 -0800

> You're not being consistent. You mentioned the figure of 80%
> (or 65%) of Muslems *worldwide*, but now you've suddenly
> switched to "Muslems in Muslem countries". However, Muslems
> can be found all around the globe.
>
> Your credibility rating is going downhill rapidly, mate.
> Assuming you have any credibility left.

Good god, mate (and I mean that derisively), where the hell do you think
most of the Muslims are?

Scary as it apparently is to you: they're everywhere!

* Distribution of Muslims *
Africa              308,660,000     27.4%
Asia                778,362,000     69.1%
Europe             32,032,000       2.8%
Latin America      1,356,000       0.1%
North America     5,530,000       0.5%
Oceania                385,000       0.0%
World          1,126,325,000      100%

Source: http://islam.about.com/library/weekly/aa120298.htm

Also on that site: "Although Islam is often associated with the Arab world and the Middle East, fewer than 15% of Muslims are Arab".

Tell me, for entertainment purposes only, what percentage of Muslims
worldwide do *you* think got a cheap thrill out of 9-11? What percentage
think Osama is a hero? I came across with an indicative poll. Now you put up
or shut up.

Based on conversations with Muslims and based on the reactions of many Muslims to the terrorist activities by some people who insult Allah by calling themselves "Muslim", I expect it to be < 1% (yes, less than one percent).

JD