----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Tarr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 9:41 PM
Subject: Dan says SS = SSA

> At 05:51 PM 4/4/2004, you wrote:

I explictly stated that.

" (This calculation, BTW, includes both the company and the
individual contributions)"

So, the answer is yes.

>Second, and this
> helps his argument, what are the historical 30 year returns since 1935? I
> was to a retirement seminar last week and the speaker was using 11% ROI,
> and I think that's way too high. I thought there were some very flat
years
> in the 50s and 70s. People are basing the ROI on just what happened from
93
> to 99 or over even shorter terms.

I looked up historical returns from, IIRC, '26 until now.  This wasn't
inflation adjusted...but neither is my calculation for SS.  I know that I'm
suppose to figure my retirement income on 6% return, but that includes
allowing the nest egg to grow with inflation.

So, that's the best # I could come up with, but I certainly would be happy
to have someone come up with better data.

Dan M.