On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 04:41:23PM -0500, Dan Minette wrote:

> This post has wandered to a couple of other topics, but my point
> is that the criticism of Bush is not that he should have invaded
> Afghanistan in March, 2001.  Rather, its that his plan for countering
> terrorism by focusing on countries like Iraq who sponsor terrorism
> instead of defense and AQ is/was not the best.

Well said. I clearly remember what you wrote before and in the early
stages of the Iraq war. I think that events have shown me to be wrong
about the Iraq invasion -- as you say, although it turned out better for
Iraqis, overall the cost was too high. I think that of all the people
that posted thoughts and opinions then, the following events have shown
your ideas to be the most correct and the best course of action. If only
Bush had you as an adviser!

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/