And we were.  I can only imagine how much that must
have upset you, Tom, how much it must have _burned_ to
see people celebrating their liberation by Americans.
My joy at the sight was probably equaled by your pain.
 "Greeted as liberators" didn't mean that _everyone_
felt that way.  But at least a majority not only did,
they still seem to.

Doesn't burn me at all. And your attempt to demean me does not at all change the fact that hope is not a plan, and to go in with a hope of being recognized as liberators is not a substitute for understanding the extreme difficulties involved in switching from being liberators to occupiers. Especially as, we went in under false pretenses!

Tom Beck

my LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/tomfodw/

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never thought I'd see the last." - Dr. Jerry Pournelle