----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Killer Bs Discussion'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 4:06 PM
Subject: RE: This time I won't blame Bush

> > > What about workers who put profit over their own lives?

>From this sentence, it is not clear what you are trying to communicate
in that it leaves far too many possibilities open.

> > Huh?

See!!!

> Your assumption is that employers are adults and employees are
stupid
> children unable or unwilling to look out for their own best
interests.

I have doubts that such an assumption can be derived from "Huh?", but
it is true that under ideal conditions, employers and employees are
partners in regards to safety.

> There may be cases where hidden hazards cannot be perceived by
employees,
> but these are the exception, not the rule. Employees have a
responsibility
> to refuse to work in conditions they deem too dangerous. When they
ignore
> dangers, then they are putting their own profit over their own
lives.

Accurate enough, but I think that laziness and poor work habits also
play into the equation.

xponent

In My Yard Maru

rob