Gary Denton wrote:

I wanted to check the list out.
Funny, I don't see many postings related to Brin.

And you won't, either. In fact, from what I've observed in my months here, mentions of his work are few and far between. You will occasionally spot the good doctor himself spreading his memes.

Also far down on the frequency list is discussion of science fiction, except for a mysterious (to me) fascination with Battlestar Galactica.
(Note to fans: I do not want or need an education in the manifold blessings that the show has brought to the world, thank you.)

Mostly, you'll find heavily-armed encampments on either side (of any given issue), a few shell-shocked moderates running back and forth in the middle hoarsely shouting "can't we all just get along" (then scampering away just as a shell lands nearby), along with a few others who lob in a few rounds from time to time just to stir things up.

Was also a chance to check out googlemail.

Ooh ... someone with access to the *limited beta* ... How do you like it?

Dave