----- Original Message -----
From: "JDG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: New Hate-Mongering Chick Tract is out

> At 05:12 PM 5/6/2004 -0400 Tom Beck wrote:
> >I have a friend who is devoutly Catholic and yet fervently supports
> >Bush, even after Bush made a speech at Bob Jones University (where,
> >according to their Web site, they pray for the release of Catholics
> >from "the false cult that has enslaved their souls").
>
> Apparently devout Catholics aren't supposed to support candidates who try
> and win the South Carolina primary.

I think the question is how far people are willing to go to win?  I'm a bit
older than you, and I recall how those words echo the words of
anti-Catholic bigogry.  I recall them being tied to the stories of the pope
coming across in a submarine to take over the US if Kennedy was elected.

If going to Bob Jones University, run by a man who well reflects the KKK of
the 20s, is required to win the Republican primary in South Carolina, then
appealing to bigots who support him and his position  is necessary to win
that primary. And, no doubt it is. Otherwise why go?

Dan M.