> > YHO is not accurate.  The dictionaries were used
> > because "Dark Ages"
> > is a recognized term with which you disagree.  Not
> > being a historian I
> > am not obligated to use more than general terms.
>
> Which is why I posted a correction.

PS: This is NOT MY opinion, but the opinion of a large
body of historical scholars. Besides which, as someone
with training i the field, should I not be obligated
to correct information that I know is incorrect, or
should I let it slide? This is one of the problems I
have with Brin and his abuse of the term feudalism.
When I have to teach a class on the subject, I have to
choose whether I can or should overcome societal
preconcieved notions on the subject, or just abandon
the word and teach it using new terms. In short, the
task becomes much harder when this occurs.

Damon.

=====
Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: