Gary Denton wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2004 01:08:31 -0400, Damon Agretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > So again, by posting this you create an unequal and only half-story, and
> > minimize the efforts of later generations to preserve that information.
>
> I am reminded of "Alas, Babylon" which mimicked this preservation by
> having the Church canonization of a Jew and the manuscript
> illumination of his grocery shopping list by barely literate monks who
> had no clue to the works they were saving after a nuclear war.

Er, that was _A Canticle for Leibowitz_, not _Alas, Babylon_.

If you can't get *that* right, I'm viewing the rest of your argument
with more suspicion.  I believe that Damon knows what he's talking
about; I'm not sure you do.

I wish you better luck in persuading me of your views in the future.  :)

        Julia