Julia Thompson wrote:

I'm not really familiar with Erasmus. Nutshell description? URL to
something I could read in a reasonable period of time? Book
recommendation which I might get to sometime in the next 10 years? Thanks!

He's famous here even a university is named after him and almost every university has a building, hall, room or at least one location named after Erasmus. So I simply couldn't resist to eradicate this particular instance of ignorance. If anybody posted already I'm sorry but currently I have no time to check if anybody did, so here you go:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05510b.htm

Sonja
GCU: Off to bed