----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: Terrorism too close to home...

> I'm just guessing, but I would think that language, ethics/morality,
> and bigger brains developed in lockstep with each other. With genetic
> success came denser populations, more opportunities for interaction
> between individuals and groups, and a need for ethical/moral rules
> that covered ground genetic imperatives did not address.

The development of denser populations depended on farming; which was quite
late:   < 10k year back. There is no significant brain development
differences between Native Americans and Europeans...who separated before
that date.  Indeed, a randomly chosen evolution site

http://www.archaeologyinfo.com/homosapiens.htm

states that the great migration out of Africa was roughly 200k years ago.

Dan M.