The Fool wrote:

----------
From: Horn, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Behalf Of The Fool
----------
From: Horn, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

They certainly don't consider themselves Christian or at least don't call themselves that.

If you are referring to JW's here you are quite mistaken.

According to my sisters-in-law (who are JW's), I'm not.
--
According to my entire extended family on both sides, you are wrong. Also according to the 'literature' (propaganda) they try and pawn off on
me, they do indeed call themselves 'christians' and consider themselves

from their site:

http://www.watchtower.org/library/jt/index.htm?article=article_03.htm

<quote>
*Do the Witnesses believe that their religion is the only right one?
Anyone who is serious about his religion should think that it is the right one. Otherwise, why would he or she be involved in it? Christians are admonished: "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine." (1 Thessalonians 5:21 <javascript:showCitedScripture('1Th','5','21');>) A person should make sure that his beliefs can be supported by the Scriptures, for there is only one true faith.<snipped the rest>
*
Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?
No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. He has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.—Matthew 7:1-5 <javascript:showCitedScripture('Mt','7','1-5');>; 24:21 <javascript:showCitedScripture('Mt','24','21');>; 25:31 <javascript:showCitedScripture('Mt','25','31');>.
</quote>

Seen that they accept the teachings of Jesus and also accept the judgement of Jesus as devine I'd say they can be seen as Christians.