> From: Davd Brin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes, thank you for using the word "seems" so well to
> display your handicaps at perception.  I will now
> continue using pencil and paper, and segue (as
> planned) into coding.  And while ciriticism is the
> only known antidote to error, yours  (having received
> more heed from me than it deserved) has been
> spectacularly dumb.

I'm not the one going around claiming how much better it was in
day...when B.Gates S.Jobs were able to do things that now D.Brin and all
new would be B.Gates's, can't because they've conspired to take away
BASIC compilers from all new operating systems...And older Basic
Interpreters from back in the day work more intuitively and new
technology and newer BASIC interpreters have succumbed to techie disease
making them unusable for people with perceptual blinders, or people too
lazy to spend ten minutes figuring out how to use them, yadda, yadda,
yadda...

It's a "things were bettere ine ye olde golde' age" argument, plain and
simple.  Perhaps other people, like D.Brin, also have 'Handicaps at
perception'?

-----
"I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own
opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies
another this right makes a slave of himself to his present opinion,
because he precludes himself the right of changing it."
-- Thomas Paine, 1783