Gautam Mukunda wrote:

<Snipped al the insults and the thus rendered meaningless rest>

Gautam, if you weren't so blindingly disposed to calling me openly or covertly a nazi each and every time I say something about the US or WWII that doesn't fit your world view, you might have actually seen the hypothetical questions. The header change should have been a MAJOR pointer. It was whether or not abuse could have become worse (and, indeed, if due to lack of accountabillity, chances are that abuses in the past have been worse). Also if this time the increase in abuse level has been halted before it could get worse because of the availabillity of ugly pictures _and/or_ a wide and very interested audience. Actually a wide *international* audience that's been itching to get a chance to hit the US over the head with mistakes made ever since the war in Irak started. Furthermore I wondered if the availabillity of actual pictures and easy flow of complete and accurate information (as in spreading of facts rather then rumor) could have prevented the holocaust from getting as bad as it did.

Now please keep whatever you think of me personally out of discussions. If you feel like spewing hatred my way, do it off list. The list is not the place for it. To me this isn't personal and I intend to keep it that way. If you are incapable of discussing such issues with me and only can come up with some name calling in response to controversial statements we'll call it quits and leave it at that. Rather that then bore the rest of the list to death with yet another flame war.

And I'd very much appreciate it if you could get of that high horse of yours. The US isn't perfect, nor is Europe the worst collection of countries on this planet.

Sonja
ROU: Patriot
xROU: Making big bangs, but not always hitting the right targets