> From: Dan Minette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Moral actions that help "the other" are not evolutionarily
> favored.  Other primates use rape as a tool of dominance.
> That isn't moral.  Yet, it must be favored for at least some
> primates because it happens.

Is that necessarily so?
Doesn't evolution progress by making mistakes as well as getting
it right(well right for the current circumstances)?
Couldn't primate rape be an experiment that might ultimately fail?

Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but does that mean that
you view humans as the ultimate peak of evolution?
Or are we just a step on an ongoing path?

And why isn't helping others perhaps favoured?
I guess it depends on where you look at it from,
it may not be for the individual (or maybe it is)
but perhaps its good for the race, or maybe life in general,
in its contest with our big cold universe.

Andrew