Dan  wrote:

No. I'm saying its wrong to single out discount stores.

But Walmart has some 60% of the discount store market, Dan. For most intents an purposes, Walmart _is_ the discount store industry. Smaller stores that don't follow their lead are doomed.

I appreciate the data you gave me, BTW. Its interesting that our
experiences are so different regarding this. BTW, don't teenagers work
retail in California? Does the Gap really pay kids >$10.00/hour out there?

Yes. McDonalds even pays > minimum in some locations.

In Texas, I know of a number of folks who work retail, for a number of
stores, none of which have benefits.

And isn't Texas one of the worst states in terms of workers that don't have health care?

Check out this article and tell me what you think.

[http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html]

or http://tinyurl.com/v1sz

--
Doug