On Sep 18, 2004, at 9:40 PM, Doug Pensinger wrote:

Why can't we find better people to run the country?

We had them as options. But they got pushed aside. McCain should have got it in 2K. Had he, none of the acrimony that exists now in public discourse would. I'm proximally certain of that.

I'm not even close to a Republican partisan -- but I was primed to vote for him. I was appalled when W got the nod. Particularly because Gore was so ... bleah.

Had the alleged liberal media not enjoyed vilifying Dean over his rally cry, we might have had a decent race this time around too.

The choices are there. The problem is that lackwits are allowed to dictate the discourse (this includes about 4 out of 5 "journalists" working today), which means that only lackwits get nominated.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" Excerpt at http://www.nightwares.com/books/Flat_Out.pdf