Damon Agretto wrote:

> > Why can't we find better people to run the country?
>
> We CAN...it's just that they don't get nominated. I
> might've thought very long and hard about who to
> actually vote for in the last election if McCain had
> won the nomination. Hindsight being 20/20, I probably
> would have gone for him instead of Gore.
>
> There are plenty of people that would make excellent
> presidents. However we have to rely on the Democrats &
> Republicans to actually NOMINATE them before we can
> vote for them...

I vote in Republican primaries.  I'd be very interested in 2008 as to
your opinion of the various candidates going into the primaries.  (I'd
be very interested in the opinions of a good number of other people
here, as well.)

FWIW, even though he'd already lost all hope by the time of my primary,
I voted for McCain in 2000, because I didn't think that being governor
of Texas was enough preparation for going to the White House, especially
with no other elective office experience.

        Julia