--- Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> D. Brin, don't be absurd.  _The American
> Conservative_> is basically a platform for the
frankly racist,> xenophobic conservatism of Patrick
Buchanan.

...who was a darling of the right before he defected.

Since you have obviously not read any of the extremely
diverse and variously sincere/intelligent articles in
the magazine, or addressed the concerns of George Will
or William F Buckley or any of the others (including
W's home town newspaper), I will not accept any
accusations of being "absurd".

By all means, purge from the party those who are
revisionist.  (Now including even the apocalypt Pat
Robertson!)

Meanwhile --
 For that wavering "undecided" on your holiday gift
list, here is a list of 100 facts (and one opinion) as
reasons to vote against Dubya.  It also serves as an
excellent resource for links to documentation of some
of his most egregious, malevolent behavior:

 http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20041108&s=facts