--- Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It might be worthwhile to see exactly what an
> eyewitness saw soon after
> Kuwait was liberated instead of stating with
> certainty that what she
> thought she saw was debunked.  Looking at the
> condition the hospital was
> left in after the Iraq troops had left does afford
> one the ability to
> obtain information that can thereafter be
> interpreted by a number of folks.
> I've seen truths about nuclear power, for example,
> "debunked" in the
> popular press.
>
> In short, it would seem useful to get more
> information about what the
> eye-witness saw and then compare it to the sources
> of the debunking, than
> to categorically reject the report of an eye-witness
> to the aftermath.
>
> Dan M.

A former US Ambassador, now retired from the United
States Foreign Service, formerly (I believe) the first
senior officer in the Foreign Service to be in Baghdad
after the fall of Saddam's government, was also
stationed in the US embassy.  She commented - in the
midst of a vicious (and, I think, accurate)
demolishing of the Bush Administration's handling of
the Iraq reconstruction, something along the lines of
(I'm not using quotation marks because I don't have
the exact words):

Don't misunderstand me, I was in Kuwait during the
Iraqi invasion and I saw the hospital where the Iraqis
stole incubators for premature babies.  Saddam Hussein
was a monster and anyone who was there at the time
knew it and thought he had to go.

I'm amused that someone who routinely bashes the Bush
Administration in apolcalyptic terms, but has never
said anything positive about them and who, in this
case, will believe evil of the American government but
not of Saddam Hussein, is so narrow-minded and
arrogant as to describe me as being blinkered.  It's
what I've come to expect, so I'm not surprised.  It's
just amusing - to be called blinkered by the
blindfolded is always fun.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]