I don't need to tell you that if the raw materials price is down, then the extractive industries are not making as much profit. But since the 'producer' segement is larger, I suppose that there might be a net rise in profits.
~Maru

Erik Reuter wrote:
By the way, PPI for finished goods is an index of the prices that
producers (businesses, mostly) must pay for the materials and supplies
that they buy in order to produce their goods. So if PPI were really
trending downward (instead of what is likely a 1-month blip in an upward
trend), then producer costs would be lower, which would tend to raise
their profits.