Julia wrote:

I wrote:
Erik wrote:

I guess I haven't been clear (or perhaps you are confusing my position
with Bush's confusing rhetoric).

Or maybe I'm somewhat dense when it comes to this stuff. Thanks for clarifying things for me.

If you're dense, you're not unduly so.

I mean, I doubt that anyone here is going to be tempted to call you "neutronium-head". :)

8^)

I feel dense when I read some of these exchanges - especially between Erik and Dan. Its not a simple problem, but its one that concerns us all (even to some extent to those outside the U.S.) Normally economics bores me to tears.

BTW, I'm very interested in the discussion, and I thank everyone for the info and clarifications they've been adding to it. I'm just too fried and up to my ears in other considerations (that I can actually make logical statements about) to participate in this particular discussion.

We know you have highter priorities, though I'm sure you wish you had a bit more free time for list mail. Hope things level out soon for you.

--
Doug