On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:50:11 -0500, maru dubshinki
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the last paragraph, you meant 'did not' right?

Sigh, yes,  I write and hit enter.

> But don't give up hope.  The Kyoto protocol still passed.  People are
> still aware of enviromental problems (despite crappy propaganda like
> Crichton's State of Fear'.),
Kyoto is still being fought by those in charge in this country.
Conservatives in this country believe Crichton.
> and there is potential in the religious
> right:  Didn't Genesis say we were put here to tend and care for the Earth?

Sorry, I wish.  The new religious right is waiting for the Rapture,
they don't have to worry about those problems and feel those who do
are mostly non-Christian tree-huggers.
It often seems the new religious right is intent on making things
worse to push forward the Rapture.

I went to WalMart the other day.  Book section was filled with "last
days" fiction and non-fiction including children's section. The small
science fiction and fantasy section filled with TV and movie related
and many copies of the latest volumes in that fantasy mega-volume
Jordanousity.  At home was looking at the science fiction I really
liked in the last two-three years that is cutting edge  - 75% was from
outside the U.S.  The U.S. is not a forward looking society anymore.
Even the fantasy I liked is coming from the UK.

Gary Denton