* [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Before someone else noticed it and told me to "pay attention," I
> thought I'd correct an error in my last message on this thread: The
> transition costs to create private accounts won't be $2B. Of course,
> nobody knows exactly, but the number should have been $200B.

No. Please pay attention. The economic costs are zero. The government
borrowing is exactly offset by private saving, for a net economic cost
of zero.

Try to think a little, huh? You seem deluded that increased SS spending
has no cost, but shifting borrowing around in a way that has not net
effect has high cost. Try living in the real world, huh?

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/