Horn, John wrote:
Behalf Of Nick Arnett

There's an old joke about a four-engine airplane that loses three engines, one by one. Each time, the pilot reassures the passengers that the plane is perfectly capable of flying on the remaining engines, but it'll arrive an hour later. When the third one fails, the professional forecaster on board says, "If this trend continues, we'll be up here all night!" Apparently Erik Reuter would have us make an emergency landing when the first one fails.

This might not be the best analogy.  If I'm on that plane, I'd much
rather it make an emergency landing when the first engine fails.
Maybe it's just me...

I've been thinking a landing would be in order after the failure of the second engine.

        Julia