----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Social Security Facts:

> Nice summary, Dan. The plan you outline would be a huge improvement over
> what we have now. I'd definitely support something like it. I hope the
> shrill in the AARP and liberal media don't manage to scotch something
> like that if it is on the table.

Thanks, Erik.  I thought we could find common ground on the outline of what
should be done.  I'm curious to see what the other folks who have weighed
in on SS think about this type of proposal.  If you want me to repost how
the indexing would take place, I'd be glad to. Roughly, it would change the
very top of the range to COLA increases in yearly income instead of wage
index adjusted.  This would be the cap for payments.  As others reach this
payment through wage index adjustments, they'd be switched to COLA
adjustments. One can see that this would improve the progressive nature of
SS.

One final note, I realize that this general outline would have to be fine
tuned so that just a few years of work in a lifetime would not qualify one
for full SS benefits (except with disability).  Others refinements to keep
people from gaming my suggested system might be needed too.  I'll
appreciate any suggestions along those lines, but I'd be more interested in
agreement/disagreement with the basic outline and reasons for the
viewpoint.

Dan M.

Dan M.