----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:45 AM
Subject: Re: New Pope?

> * Dan Minette ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > From: "Doug Pensinger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > I'll bet a nickle you could prove that human rights provide a more
> > > successful strategy than the lack therof.
> >
> > Well, all we have is history to judge this q
>
> Wrong again, Dan. You keep writing that, but repeating it will not make
> it true.

Let me focus things down to one question.  According to Gautam, one of our
resident Civil War buffs, the consensus among historians is that the
victory by the North in the Civil War was very fortuitous.  It was not
inevitable.  Are you arguing that they are wrong?  Are you arguing that he
misquoted them?

While the consensus of historians can be wrong, it should at least be taken
seriously.

Dan M.