* Dan Minette ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> [...]

Dan, Dan, Dan. Do you not even realize any more when you make these
faulty assumptions? Have you progressed from unconscious religious
rationalizations to unconscious unquestioned assumptions?

> The other argument I recall is that acts that look unselfish are
> actually in one's own self interest.  The one we spent some time on
> was a case of a man who went through a smoke filled apartment building
> knocking on his neighbors' doors to warn them to get out.  IIRC, you
> argued that was an act of self interest because that would increase
> the likelihood of them saving him in some future apartment fire.

A [sharp] mind is a horrible thing [for a religion] to waste.

> Then there is the obvious option that you were being deliberately
> obtuse about your points so that you can claim your opponent is just
> dense.

Or it could be that I think it is a waste of time to have the same
discussions with a religiously-handicapped person over and over without
that person even noticing the repetition, so I have been reduced to
just briefly pointing out the repeated mistakes, hoping it may someday
encourage some assumption questioning. (the eternal optimist, I guess).

> differ in this in that I always try to be as clear as possible and
> consider it my responsibility in a reasoned debate to make my points
> as clear as I can.

That's only true if you didn't choose religion but were involuntarily
infected by it. Which I suppose may be the case.

> If there is a third way you've argued, that I've not seen distinctly,
> I think it would be worth stating explicitly.

Why didn't you respond to the questions I posted last night?

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/