At 07:35 PM 4/9/2005 -0700, Doug wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, why do you equate "open-minded" with "agrees with
>> [you]"?
>
>Out of curiosity is it possible for you to carry on a debate without
>heaving insults?

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I detect the insult here.   Are there
issues where you disagree with the Pope where you consider him to be
"open-minded"?   Alternatively, are there issues where the Pope agrees with
you where you consider him to be "closed-minded?"

>> I think there is plenty of evidence that John Paul II was *very*
>> open-minded, he just also happened to reach different conclusions with
>> his open mind than you have.
>
>Well then why don't you post some evidence instead of heaving insults.
>Perhaps I'm wrong, but from what I understand the Pope stifled debate on
>the subject of women in the clergy.

And if he did so after open-mindedly considering all sides of the issue,
would you still consider him to be closed-minded on the subject for issuing
a final decision?

John D.