----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Arnett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: Co-dependency

> >      * [WINDOWS-1252?]"A stressful learned behavior associated with an
> unhealthy
> > focus on the needs of others and/or attempting to take
> > responsibility for the behavior of [WINDOWS-1252?]others" (Brian
DesRoches);

> Not bad.  Addiction to self-righteousness, I like to call it sometimes.

I thought about this a while, and can't see the link.  For example, how is
a battered women who thinks the battering is her own fault, and that it
would stop if she were just a decent wife self-righteous?  This type of
behavior is often associated with very low self esteem, which is not
associated with self-righteousness.  It's closer to buying into the
abuser's world.

Bush's attack on Iraq may be faulted, but not as co-dependant.  Those who's
immediate response to 9-11 was asking "how did the US provoke this"
exhibited behavior that could be labeled co-dependant.

Dan M.