At 07:54 PM 5/11/2005 -0700, Nick Arnett wrote:
>> I'm quite confident that you can handle this one on your own.
>
>Oh, please.
>
>I can't think of what I've said that is a measurement of this.  I wasn't
>asking to argue about it or play games about it -- I really would like to
know
>if there is something.  If I've said it, great.  I just can't come up with
it
>right now.

You misunderstand.   I'm not referring to anything you've said before.   If
I were, I could probably cite the disdain you expressed for "provable
likelihood of success" in an earlier post this week, or chastize you as to
why you think the increase in *hope* (definitely non-measurable) is so
unworth mentioning in Iraq.   But anyhow, I actually wasn't referring to
any of that.

Instead, I am just expressing my confidence that if you have even a modicum
of honesty you can come up with something that is measurably better in Iraq
today than it was under Saddam Hussein.   After all, Saddam Hussein's
regime was one of the 5 worst regimes on Earth.   Unless you believe that
Iraq is *stil* one of the 5 worst regimes on Earth, then I am *sure* that
you can come up with something - if you are willing to be honest about it.

JDG - Its not difficult at all, Maru....