----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Ludenia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: Br!n: Re: more neocons

> On 12/05/2005, at 8:15 AM, Dan Minette wrote:
>
> > But, there were pro-Nazi terrorists for a couple of years.  We had a
> > lot
> > tighter control there than in Iraq, so I don't think they could hide a
> > camp, but there were terrorists.
>
> Any cites on this Dan (or anyone else)? This is not something I've
> heard about before.

My source was brin-l about 2 years ago.  I included as terrorists people
who killed Germans who cooperated with the US by being mayors, etc., under
US occupation.  I've done a google on this, and found that the terrorism
was much less effective than in Iraq, that maybe 20-30 allied soldiers were
killed, and that several appointed mayors were killed.

I'd argue that the comparisons the Bush administration make between Germany
and Iraq are vastly overstated.  The strength and effectiveness of the
Werewolves, as they called themselves, was minimal....but it was still
existent.  The closest parallel, I think, was the killing of people who
cooperated with the US...but the numbers in Germany and Iraq were orders of
magnitude different.

Dan M.